One thing that we truly pride ourselves on is our focus on providing a safe and hygienic environment to our patients and, therefore, we are extremely conscious about maintaining world-class Hygiene and Sterilization standards in the clinic via
- Bacti Barrier surface protection on all the surfaces in the clinic to make it bacteria and virus free
- Sanitization of floor and all surfaces
- Fogging: Several international organizations recommend fogging to ensure uniform application of disinfectants to all surfaces in a clinical set-up. It is used for the application of disinfectants, biocides, fungicides, and pesticides by generating a fog or mist formed of Ultra Low Volume (ULV) droplets, using fogging equipment, to destroy airborne and surface-based pathogens.
- Use of Shoe Covers: This prevents outside dust and pathogens from entering the clinical area.
- Low level of Aerosol: Procedures such as Ultrasonic Scaling or use of a high- speed drill generate a high concentration of bacterial aerosols and splatters, which can cause transmission of infectious diseases in staff and patients. We control and prevent this by use of:
- Air purifiers (we maintain ppm)
- High vacuum suction and Cannula from Durr Dental
- Pre-procedural mouth rinse
- Good quality of air conditioning
- Waste management: We manage waste generated in the clinic according to notified standards using the following the Color-coded dustbins to segregate waste and guidelines laid down by DPCC.
Sterilization and Disinfection:
Dental Chair: Since this is the main equipment in use in a dental facility, we take extreme care of hygiene for all our dental chairs. The methods used by us include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use of disposables like gloves, masks, eyewear, cannulas, 3-way syringes, rubber dams, etc.
- Use of disinfectant sprays and wipes on the entire surface
- Covering the chair using a barrier film
- Disinfection of dental chair water lines
- Instruments: All the dental instruments used by us for any procedure are thoroughly disinfected using the following steps and procedures:
- Steps for disinfection and sterilization of instruments:
- Instruments are soaked in decontamination solution in Hygo boxes
- Manual cleaning and wiping of instruments is done in the sterilization room
- Instruments are put in MELAGWasher Disinfectant for automatic cleaning, disinfection, and drying
- Autoclaving, a sterilization method that uses high-pressure steam, is used on all instruments before preparing them for storage
- Storage is done by packing instruments in sterilized pouches and keeping them in UV chambers
- Steps for disinfection and sterilization of Hand-pieces:
- These are the most important small Instruments used for patient treatment
- These instruments are manually cleaned before sterilizing them with Lubrinahand-piece maintenance unit from J MORITA
- Autoclavingis performed on them using dedicated Hand-piece Autoclave
- Storage is done in sealed sterilization pouches that are kept in UV Chambers
- All the pouches containing sterilized equipment are stamped with the date of sterilization to maintain a proper record of equipment maintenance
Use of Biological Spore Monitoring and Chemical Indicators
- Biological Indicators– This sterilization test involves the use of highly-resistant Bacterial spores such as Bacillus Subtilis (for monitoring dry heat sterilization) or Bacillus Stearothermophilus (used as an indicator for steam and chemical sterilization).
- Chemical Indicators– These are heat sensitive indicators, which change color upon exposure to heat or steam. These are used in the form of tapes or strips, and are attached to the instrument packages to monitor sterilization. In the case of unwrapped instruments, they are also placed in difficult-to-reach areas, to assess the level of sterilization.
We consider it to be our professional obligation to provide a safe and comfortable environment for their patients. Therefore, we have devised and implemented such effective sterilization and cross-infection protocol for the safety of the patients as well as the dental team.